Sunday 13 March 2011

The Chelsea Boot.




Summer feels like its has taken approximately five years to arrive? Or that just might be me, but lately it feels like its in reach, gradually having access to purchase our summer finds and apart from all them summer clothes I was looking at what looks nice on your feet. I used to just live in sandals in the summer and don't get me wrong I cant wait to just wander around in them all day, however there's no use getting overly excited, we live in England, summer may pop up in August for a few days if we're lucky so I'm veering to the more appropriate footwear for our climate, boots. And as I am talking about the summer I was referring to boots not only for the more warmer clothes but also with shorts and dresses, I did a previous post on Kate Bosworth and her boots, I thought they looked nice with every single outfit she had on with them, now I am drawn to various flat ankle boots and in particular I think I am set on The Chelsea Boot.



If your going to go for a boot why not go with a classic? Impossible to go wrong and just simple. I love researching things lately, even when you know what it is for example Chelsea Boots, I appreciate the history behind them.
'Chelsea Boots (also known as dealer boots) are tight-fitting, ankle-high boots that originated in the Victorian era, and were originally associated with horse riding. The most notable feature of the Chelsea boot is its elastic siding, running from just above the welt to the top of the shoe. The design began as a type of riding boots known as paddock boots or jodhpur boots. Chelsea boots were considered an element of the 1960s mod scene, and they have recently become in fashion again amongst men as well as women. Similar boots are the heavier Australian work boots such as those made by Blundstone, which are popular in Australia. Charles Goodyear's development of vulcanised rubber enabled Sparkes-Hall, bootmaker to Queen Victoria, to invent the elastic gusset boot in 1837. The advantage of elasticated boots meant they could be easily removed and put on again, which appealed to busier and more demanding lifestyle of Victorian women. By the late 1840s, the fashion began to catch on. This became a prominent style in the West until the onset of World War I.'







I have seen a few replicas on the high street with there own take on the classic, Urban Outfitters, however I think just plain simple leather will be my preferred option, go with anything nothing to fancy and just simpy comfortable. Maybe I have a strange attacthment to them as from the ages of six up until nine I had a red suede pair that I refused point balnk to ever take of....


5 comments:

  1. cute blog!

    xx
    herphotograph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime les photos!!!;)


    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blog!

    i need some help i hope you can help me out!
    can you suggest any highstreet shops that sell simple chelsea boots, like the above pictures?? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thank you for looking at the blog! Every comment is very much appreciated!! I have seen some really nice ones on Zara and kurt Geiger there are some lovely ones about, I am on the hunt for finding some bright coloured suede ones I will let you know how I get on! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this, I've been given a lovely pair of chelsea boots and I was unsure what to wear with them. I love the pics and I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, each one is much appreciated. You can also follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter.