Thursday 6 September 2012

First Show: Richard Nicoll.

My friend Sarah who works at Liberty text me this morning asking me if I would be interested in going to see the Richard Nicoll show at Somerset House at London Fashion Week....Of course! This would be the first show I've seen so excited doesn't even justify this feeling. As I research designers just out of interest I thought looking at the background behind Richard Nicoll would be for an extra special reason. It seems as a designer he was a success from the very beginning, since graduating from the Central Saint Martins MA in 2002 he has continuously been lauded for his work. Experience includes freelance consulting alongside Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton, being awarded three ANDAM prizes (I will have to look this up!) and being named 'Best Young Designer' at the Elle Style awards. He has taken position of Creative Director of Womenswear at Cerruti, design director of womenswear for Fred Perry's premium line and has launched his 7th best-selling capsule collection for Topshop. Jo Knight joined Nicoll as his business partner in 2005, he is currently stocked in Dover St Market in London, Colette in Paris and Barneys NYC. I was just looking through the Resort 2013 collection I love the simplicity and pure white colour palette with the inclusion of bright, fresh colours and both blocks and patterned. The detail of structured collars inoffensive intrusive thigh high splits balanced with a longer hem. I much prefer dresses with a structured silloete as opposed to more flowing fabrics with the stiff sleeve's that remain in shape. Lastly, the shoes, to me that is the most perfect shoe shape, elegant and sophitcated not taking any limelight of the clothes instead continuing the simple cuts right down to the footwear.
I bought a similar shape dress in Topshop Boutique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, each one is much appreciated. You can also follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter.