Friday 26 August 2011

Turquoise.




Turquoise: An opaque blue-to-green mineral that is a hydrous phosphate of copper and aluminium (too much information for me, but I wanted to to know the definition!) It is rare and valuable in finer grades and has been prized as a gem and ornamental stone for thousands of years owing to its unique hue. The substance has been known by many names but the word turquoise, which dates to the the 16th century is derived from an old French word for 'Turkish' because the mineral was first brought to Europe from Turkey, from the mines in historical Khorasan Province of Persia.




I absolutely love loads of jewellery as I repeat over and over again, however if I was looking at a whole range of jewellery say in a market? Turquoise always stands out to me, I love it, with the silver it has that hippy sort of look, that Spells Blog, http://spellsjewllery.blogspot.com/ manage to create over and over again, and with gold it has that rich, exuberant look that I equally love. Its my favourite in all forms, rings, necklaces, bracelets, just as more or less anything, the colour compliments so many different skin tones and even when it is amongst loads of other pieces it stands out explicitly.




Having just come back from Ibiza, I think I can probably blame the weight of my hand luggage on the bag of jewellery I took with me, but to me you can never have enough on, it used to be my Dad laughing at me as I walked out the door asking if I could fit anymore on, now its my boyfriend saying maybe take a few off??? NOOOOOO












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, each one is much appreciated. You can also follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter.