Thursday 3 January 2013

The Mermaid.

Mermaid. A legendary aquatic creature with the upper body of a woman and the tail of a fish. There is just something about these mythical creatures that I love, plus the stranded naturally beautiful beaches and rocks we imagine they would be perched upon if they were in fact real. Although I am not hugely into photography I recently visited the Tim Walker exhibition and as much as I can appreciate styling I love this lady's work,fantasy ideas captured in one click fascinates me also, it makes me look, then look again, then look once more to try and notice all of the small details as well as trying to envision how the photographer has put together a whole fantasy world into one photograph. Now who am I to analyse a talented photographers work, with the lack of technical knowledge and incorrect adjectives in terms of photography, but sometimes I think opinions from outsiders are just as valid if not even more insightful. Take me for example, I'm sure that if a professional jewellery designer analysed some of the pieces I have made their flaws would be highlighted and pulled apart whereas someone with less knowledge would take a completely different approach with a different view of an opinion. I found this editorial on this blog, which always includes the best of the best I feel, and although these photos didn't run completely with a mermaid feel it was there subtly, she was just more of a rebel mermaid if ever there was one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, each one is much appreciated. You can also follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter.